We had been tweeting for ages about edu stuff & then I wrote this one night when my husband had just come home from chemotherapy.
Chris direct messaged me & we leant upon one another, just gently, with the perfect counterbalance. Very honoured & glad to have him as a friend and to have shared a few real chats over coffees & glasses of wine as well as virtual ones. I know we will continue to be friends as we go forward into the future.
Lovely link to the universe that Heather Leatt nominated him. Another go to person for me, we have lunch or dinner most holidays. Last time I took a friend with as he was having a tough time. You couldn't do that with many people, I knew Heather would be glad to have him along. That's who she is, loves good hearted people. Sees good hearts in people.
So now I've cheated & snuck 2 unofficial picks in, said I wouldn't keep the rules Ross!
Also, it bothers me to be 'Twitterati'
'I'm your biggest fan I'll follow you until you love me, Twitter Twitterati' http://youtu.be/6nIvBI2_hSY
I made a right idiot of myself earlier. Worked a very simple % out completely wrong as I was doing 2 things at once. Didn't just tweet low profile. Tweeted Warwick Mansell & Laura Mcinerney. Epic fail. Charlie Brown football moment. Well, we all know what pride comes before eh? I'm not 'Twitterati' I'll go with my dear departed Dad's definition: intelligent idiot!
Right, so. Five people? Here comes more rule breaking. Not all educationalists. If you follow all edu folk please branch out and follow some other folk. A person needs perspective.
1. @conflictinbanno - a good time to mention as its my friend Gemma's birthday today, as I write this. She's 25 somewhere out there. I found out she'd died just after my husband went down to theatre for a biopsy to find out what level of cancer he had two years ago. I stumbled outside & thought the world might swallow me. Then Ben tweeted that the milkshake machine had exploded all over the person serving in McDonald's. It was a brilliantly worded tweet. The way he put it made me laugh my head off. I've thanked him already but here's another thanks. The realisation that yes, at the moment this is terrible but somewhere else life is utterly hilarious and all of the universe is made of energy, moments, sadness, laughter.
2. @arseburgers - a person I am very glad to know. Gives perspective, opinion, courage and loyalty. Tells me when I'm wrong, in a way even I don't feel like arguing with. Stuck with me even when I went through a phase of watching a trash TV show that makes him feel sick. Gets me. Has said I get him, huge compliment. I appreciate it.
3. @gwenelope - always on the end of the phone if I need to talk. Puts up with my crapping on, starting a story in the middle of another story then coming back to suddenly finish the first one. Haven't been able to meet her & have had to keep cancelling last minute. Always understands. The perfect Corwynt.
4. @musicmind because she makes me happy all the time. She also makes me think because she is a sherbet lemon. She made me laugh when I was crying when Andy was very ill with a video about a pizza :)
5. @vicgoddard for an absolute ton of reasons that he knows. Kept 'boyband' going too with supportive messages through a terrible summer when Vic was supposed to be on official R&R. He listened to Vic, wouldn't have to me. Then Vic got me through the doors to pick Andy up after last chemo as it was the date my dad had died in the same hospital. Vic gives a great team talk-sports science. Same as the two little claps :)
More rule breaking, too many more than 5 to sneak in but @artymarty @raliel & @amandapalmer for helping me to feel that my individuality is to be praised. School never taught me that, as a pupil or a teacher.
Finally. Sing. Especially if you think you can't. Amanda Palmer sent us Patreon supporters a recent review that was one of the most painful, horrid, personal things I have ever read about her singing. She didn't tweet it as she didn't want the crowd retaliation. Her singing, music, words & art help and heal thousands. There will always be critics, we can't affect that. But we can keep going. We can keep singing.
I love you all. Love yourselves this week. Promise?